Debra Hernandez - Chairperson, Chino Hills Public Works Commission
As a Public Works Commissioner, I’ve worked to ensure Chino Hills is a community where families aspire to live.
• Continue grassroots effort I co-founded with several neighbors (C.A.R.E. / Hope for the Hills) to fight Edison’s transmission line route.
• Ensure proper management of our open space
• Fair treatment for all parties in any interactions with the City
• Protect our rural equestrian traditions
• Forge mutually beneficial partnerships with existing businesses and expand tax base with appropriate new businesses
• Ensure all businesses in Chino Hills are licensed, legal entities located in appropriately zoned areas.
• Support the dedicated men and women of our Police, Fire, and City Services.
Civic involvement has provided me with an understanding of the workings of our city - Public Works Commissioner; Chino Hills Community Foundation; Friends of the Library; Caring for the Hills; Graffiti Abatement; CARE & Hope for the Hills; Maternity Hotels.
I will bring an independent voice and commonsense leadership approach to our city. To change things for the better we must first expand our expectations of what is possible. Whether a home owner, business owner, or renting property in Chino Hills, I will be your advocate. Vote for YOUR voice.